Saturday, November 24, 2012

On Demand, Red box, or Library...An Honest Opinion...


{SideNote: Is it bad that I can almost name every movie on this list?!?! (For you piece of mind..Airplane, Back To The Future, Coming To America, Dirty Dancing, E.T., Flight of the Navigator, Ghostbusters, Honey I Shrank The Kids, Indiana Jones, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Karate Kid, Labyrinth, Mannequin , Nightmare on Elm Street, Octopussy, Princess Bride, Q, Rambo, Short Circuit, Teen Wolf, Untouchables, Vice Versa, Weird Science, Xanadu, Youngblood, Zelig.}

Another obsession of mine is movies. I see at least 3 movies a week, give or take, and I use my local Redbox, rent it On Demand, or walk down to my library that is 5 glorious minutes from me. I can't remember the last movie I actually bought for myself.  I think it was either Crazy Stupid Love or Whip It. Maybe? Both I highly recommend.

Some movies truly hit home and you stop what your doing and watch every minute of it. I've seen those AND I've seen others that definitely do not. Once in a while I'm going to share my opinion on some new movies I've seen, just in case you've heard about them but were wondering, "Hey is this worth watching?" 

Moonrise Kingdom (2012) - A+
"A pair of young lovers flee their New England town, which causes a local search party to fan out and find them." - IMDB

My Review:  The most ridicolous, yet most adorable movie I've ever seen.  It has an all-star cast of Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Edward Norton, Tilda Swanson, Bruce Willis, and the cutest two kids. Every scene could be a painting and it's interesting to see such big name actors & actresses running around looking for these two kids out of their typical roles. It's an artsy movie and you literally have to stop what your doing and rivet your eyes to the screen because you might miss something. You laugh, you say "Aww", and then your torn about the outcome of these two little adventurers. Each slew of quotes make you think and remember the magic of being young and thinking you could actually run away.



I would recommend any of the options and see it more than once. If I found the movie on DVD I would buy it. Trust me you missed something the first time around. If you liked "The Royal Tenabaums" this movie is for you!

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter: (2012) - C

"Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States, discovers vampires are planning to take over the United States. He makes it his mission to eliminate them." - IMDB

My Review: I wanted to like this movie, but alas I fell asleep. I even purchased the book way before I knew it was going to be a movie and alas, I got stuck around chapter 3. I would pass on this tittle. It started out okay but I will stick to wanting to see Abraham Lincoln with Daniel Day Lewis instead. This was just a little too far fetched for me. 

If your still curious, look for it at your local library. 

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - B


"Three magazine employees head out on an assignment to interview a guy who placed a classified ad seeking a companion for time travel." - IMDB

My Review: Better than I expected. If you've ever seen the movie, "Garden State" you would like this movie. It's a quirky non-mainstream film that makes you wonder what will happen next. It's about these 3 magazine employees that go visit a guy who claims he can travel in time. However safety is not guaranteed in the time travels. The characters have true depth and it's refreshing. It does feel like it is going to jump shark at that last minute but then it pulls itself back together and your left smiling. Also, most movies don't take the time to really show you who the characters are and what they would want in their lives...but this one definitely does. It stares Aubry Plaza(Parks & Recreation), Jake Johnson (New Girl), and Mark Duplass(The League) and each character is believable in the craziness. 


I would Redbox it for a $1 or find it at your local library. 

Have You Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

Please Note these are just my opinion...if you feel differently please feel free to share your opinion. 

1 comment:

  1. I just watched "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World". It was truly brilliant. You should check it out. Muah

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...