Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saving 10,000 in a Year... Part I - Simple Couponing


I wish there was a more glamorous way to photograph my CVS purchase but I'm going to let the successful receipt speak for me... The above loot in total cost me only $33.64. There are 24 items in total. It doesn't seem like a lot of money for these items BUT the trick of this purchase was that I saved $62.10 tonight through sales, CVS Extrabucks, & 11 individual coupons on top of the sales!!! What's EVEN crazier is that if I bought all these items NOT on sale it would have totaled  a whopping $95.74.  Unbelievable...I can't believe these items which are basic essential items nothing extravagant would have cost me almost a hundred dollars. 


This was my first receipt.  If you are doubting the ridiculousness, please take note I just made this purchases today. My second receipt I saved $10.11.  Total Savings: $62.10. 

What Did I get that would total to almost $100 Not on Sale:
6 Puffs Boxed Tissues
2 Christmas Mugs
4 Dawn Hand Renewal Olay Dish Soaps
Pantene Prov Shampoo Anti-Breakage
Pantene Prov Conditioner Anti-Breakage
Febreeze Candle
1- 8Pack Duracell AA Batteries
1 Soda
1 Sally Hansen French Manicure Kit
2 Packages of 16 Christmas Bows
1 Always Infinity Pads
3 Herbal Essences/Aussie Mousses
Total: 24 Items

Wow... I'm a little floored to be honest because now I don't have to get "Essentials" for at least a few weeks. Every item except the soda & the french manicure kit I used a coupon with a value of $1 off - $3 off. 


THE SECRET WEAPON IN DRUG STORES & FOOD STORES: 
Use coupons when the Items are On Sale...
This brings down the Price Even More than the already Low Sale Price.

It really is as easy as that simple rule. Now this is where I differ from the Extreme Couponers. I DON'T have a stock pile. My apartment is definitely not big enough but honestly I'm completely content with my double what I paid savings and I don't have to worry about tissues for at least 2 months. lol. People hate to clip coupons I know, but honestly I took the newspaper circular and my little coupon sheets from the papers and it took me less than 20 minutes to review all the possible deals. With all those savings...I think it was totally worth it.

Do you use Coupons and Search the Ads for Sales?

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo...good job, you are my hero!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that's awesome! I'm super broke, so this all sounds like wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister does this and saves a ton! I really need to begin utilizing this system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing , that's great . You did it perfectly :D
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's amazing! I hate wasting money on necessities

    Happy New Year to you :)

    http://www.farfelue.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl!!! I really need to start couponing. My mom uses them and I just steal hers, haha. It is so worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work! i neeeeed to start couponing at least a little bit. i feel so lazy and ripped-out when i watch extreme couponing. you got great deals!!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers - that's some savings. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love couponing! Although, I'm not very extreme about it. I use a few coupons when I see something on sale, but other than that, not so much. I wish I were better at it. Thanks for the inspiration! Good luck on future couponing.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, I wish I couponed more! We shop at BJs a lot, but I only buy items there when I have a coupon for it (so it makes me feel like I'm double saving haha). I really like your blog and am your newest follower!

    Meg @ http://myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's amazing! Savings like that totally add up in the long run! :)
    x Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! I finally caved and started to use some coupons for groceries. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It's always exciting to save a little (or a lot of) money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I need this for my "Save $10,000" on my 30 before 30 list! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes..definitely make a list for yourself. It's a great visual for following those dreams. Following you back, and keep these types of posts coming for the budgeting inept. :)

    Kayli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I have just found out about your blog :) Y-a-Y!
    Yes, I do use and search for coupons online before buying anything. The idea of saving even a few bucks gives me a really good reason to BUY it. Hahaha...
    I like this post.
    Kathy @ anotsogildedcage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...