So what happens on a Tuesday where you are bouncing in your seat waiting for the perfect list maker to update her blog project and then you realize you forgot your notebook where you have dedicatedly written your previous lists at home? You use what is at hand in your little cubicle world...Post-its. No I cannot stake claim for inventing these awesome things and I promise not to stake claim to them at my 10 year high school reunion in a few months...but I have to say they can really come in handy. I used them to write this week's list...I swear my boss must think I'm nuts because I had them everywhere today!
This week's list, originating from MOOREASEAL'S 52 LISTS PROJECT, was just what I needed to write to keep up my hopes of more self progress this week. I think she read my mind just a little bit...
Snippets of my List written on Post-its...Feeling Healthy
People constantly talk about the need to lose weight, toxic relationships, and all the negatives that can turn your day sour. I'll admit it...I do too. What we don't dwell on is what can make it more positive and make us feel more Healthy instead. Yes I maybe around a good solid 20 pounds overweight, but you know what? I think I'm the healthiest I've ever been in my life. I have no fear of seeing a doctor, I am actually in a positive and healthy relationship with a man who makes my heart flutter by sweet kisses on my cheek, my nails are growing, my hair is growing back from a nervous twitch I had, and I'm able to smile & laugh at a new joke. I see it as a gift...that ability to laugh and giggle like a school girl. I see health as a gift that I am very happy with right now.
So What did I write on my List of things that make me feel healthy?
Here are a few things...
- Drink more water
- Continuing to communicate, not fight, with my boyfriend
- Taking walks at lunch for exercise and to reboot in the sunshine ( I need to do more of this!)
- Passing by Chiptotle and Qdoba Burritos WITHOUT stopping
- I gave up soda for Lent -
(I'm actually drinking more tea, not coffee instead!)
- Being able to resist the free goodies left in the kitchen at work
- Scheduling doctor's appointments when I'm supposed to...
- Eating less cheese...I need to work on this...
- Understanding the signals of my body...Actually eating when I'm hungry, sleeping when I'm tired, and not holding in anger when I'm furious.
- Getting a full good night's sleep
- Take moments to not rush around all the time...chill out in one spot.
- Making Lists and checking things off of them
- Dreaming...never forgetting to dream.
- Adding a salad to every meal without adding Olives or Fattening dressing
- Cutting out processed sugar...JUST when they introduced Mega Stuff Oreos...ugh...
- Days where I laugh and smile so hard my laugh lines take longer to fade
Please feel free to check out Moorea Seal's other Week Lists and perhaps join along in the fun!
What are Things that Make You Feel Healthy? Mind, Body, & Soul...
I'd love to hear!