Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Living Together + My Cousin's Baby in the Baby Carriage...

The Vow, 2012

For the past two & a half months on &/or almost every Wednesday I've been constructing a "Living Together" post describing the trials & joys of my boyfriend and I living together in one studio apartment. It is & still is an incredible and eye-opening experience with not one ounce of regret on our decision to live together. Well, when I spend 45 minutes doing the dishes and only when I emerge from the kitchen in my dishwashing victory does Craig, my boyfriend, ask, "Hey Babe do you need help w/ the dishes?" I will clench my teeth together sharply and stifle a "What did I get myself into..." scowl look on my face. But it's not all bad, he will then do the dishes for the next two nights after. =)

Today though at lunch I finally got to hang out with my cousin Alex and his wife Carol. I can count the number of times I've seen since their wedding last May on one hand...no exaggeration needed. Their wedding was one for the WTF history books, but now I had to shred a tear of joy when I saw them because they are expecting a lil girl this coming August.  The lil baby on the sonogram wiped out all the stress of today and I could barely find the right adjectives to tell them how I overblown with joy I was for them. Her lil due date is around my birthday too and I immediately called dibs on godmother status ASAP. Yes my cousin has a sister, but I told him if not this lil one, I would love to the opportunity to be a godmother to one his future children. I'm an only child and so is my boyfriend so my cousin's lil ones will be the closet I have to a niece and nephew. I really can't wait to meet possible lil "Skyler" or "Skylar" Marie. 

What to expect when your expecting...2012

I've danced around the topics of marriage and babies here, and honestly moving in with Craig has brought all those thoughts closer to the surface. From the beginning of our relationship I knew we would live together before anyone dropped down on one knee and now that this step is moving along smoothly I can't help but be excited for the next steps. I want to have that sparkle in my eye that Carol had today at lunch where we were oogling Pinterest inspirations for her baby shower...I want to have that wedding that people talk about months after in a great sense. I freaked out a bit a few months ago when Craig's biological clock started at some point over the winter, but it was silly to freak out when I knew mine was softly ticking in the background of my mind.  I think I'm ready not be in denial of those wants & dreams.

Each day I can feel the ease of the pressure Craig and I were initially feeling in the move. Today in the car ride to dinner we talked about "Possible Baby Names that start w/ A that we might name a child" with a fluidity and a comfort that had us giggling, yes giggling, and it was a lot of fun. BUT I will not if we ever have a boy have his middle name as Strummer after The Clash's lead singer. It's my fault dating a guitarist. lol.  We also exed out Albert & Arichibald. It was a great moment and it made my dream seem like it might be a reality one day.

Tonight I'm patiently hoping for the future and finally being upfront and honest about it. It feels good to admit it too. Now I have to plan a teddy bear themed baby shower!!!  =)

What to expect when your expecting...2012

One day, I hope...

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new little niece (is that what she'll be?)! It's sweet that you and your boyfriend are on the same page and can discuss baby names, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your new niece! and just enjoy the moment of where you are with your bf...that stuff will come soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw how fun that you'll have a new baby in the family and get to plan another baby shower. cute that you guys got to discuss baby stuff and laugh and giggle about it.
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I have a confession (one that shall not leave this comments section): I have been having serious baby fever of late. I had a dream a few months ago in which I was rocking my newborn baby to sleep and ever since that dream I think of fatherhood and hoe wonderful it would be. I've even picked out names lol (Emmaline and Sebastian).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww - one of Tay's daycare buddies is named Skylar. And she's a cutie too, with pierced ears and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend and I used to live in one room together while we shared the 2 bedroom apartment with another roommate. That was so challenging. We've upgraded to our own apartment with 2 rooms all to ourselves. It's certainly better for the relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahah we joke about giving any future child posh (silly) names, we do know any that name with the letter J is ruled out because he has far to many of those in his family. After that we still don't have a clue haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Izzy and I talk quite a bit about the future and marriage and babies. It's kind of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you first started this blog and were discussing Craig it sounded shaky. I have to say after following along and reading about the transition that I can totally see you two getting married! Also, if he's talking baby names with you and you guys are giggling, that's a VERY good sign! I'm really happy for you, Chloe!!! And, congrats to your cousin and his wife! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love stories of you and Craig. They make me smile - they are fun, cute and so real! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...