Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh Crap, I'm THAT Episode!! A "Girl's" Post



Had a friend who was a still a virgin after college at 23 – CHECK!

Had a friend who was free-spirited, talked with a bohemian accent even though she was from New Jersey, & was VERY liberal in her play-dates with men sort of speak – CHECK!

Had a friend who was terrified that her parents would cut her off financially because she was taking too long to “Find Herself” & if she kept dating a certain guy – CHECK!

My Boyfriend sleeps ALL OVER ME and I have to snudge him off as carefully as I can – CHECK!

Argued with a friend about whether or not she was a good friend or not & our friendship is still not repaired – CHECK!

Have a friend who can’t show her boyfriend the affection he deserves – CHECK!

Used to have a friends w/ benefits situation with a guy who was pretty much My Own Brown-Eyed Mr. Big AND yes he was kinky & I never knew what the fuck was going on w/ him until he threw me a text message in the middle of night to watch a B-rated horror movie and yeah, get reacquainted*Cough* – CHECK!


When I flipped on the Girl’s Season One DVD I had high expectations and honestly every single one of them was met. Lena Dunham quotes within the first few minutes of Girl’s that she wishes to be the voice of her generation or “A” generation…Um, yeah she pretty much summed it up the past 10 years of my life. I’m a year older than her and even though I do not live in the New York city, I’ve lived or known someone who has experienced the entire TV Show… I’m from Rockland County, NY and I can’t tell you how many of my friends drool over the city with expectations that go beyond the far reaches of reality. Regardless of NYC, in a girls' life events happen you can't control, Ergo you adapt. Plain and simple.

Besides the realistic plots, I have to give Lena Dunham a round of applause for going for her dream. I had a miserable day at work today and honestly I thought about her show and thought to myself, "You know what, if she can do it, I can do it." I don't want to be in a cubicle every day or at least when I leave my cubicle I want to do something else with my time that makes me happy. I have a zombie novel and short stories floating around in my head that NEED to come to light. I've started this blog & I already see my happiness coming forward from writing every day. I need to keep going, I need to find the courage to step out of the box & I need to be fearless when it comes to my dreams. Maybe I need to join a writer's group or read my stories out loud to an audience to get feedback like in the show...

I remember a friend of Craig's was watching Girl's because he was sick of being single and didn't know what girls wanted these days or how I thought about things. He said he saw it as an instruction manual to 20 something women. I saw him the other day and I said to him the show is a great glimpse into us womenfolk jokingly, but I made sure to tell him it's only a glimpse. I'm VERY curious on where this show will go as the ladies get older. I guess I could say that about any of my friends too. hehe. 

Have you seen Girl's Season 1? What did you think about it? 


1 comment:

  1. I. Love. This. Show!!!!!!

    I just watched 2 episodes the other night and now I need more! I plan on renting episode 1 to get caught up. I definitely think this is a realistic (very funny and endearing) take on young women in this day and age. Whoever is doing the writing for the show is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...