Thursday, December 27, 2012

Little Relationship Milestones...

I know 500 Days of Summer isn't a love story but the picture was too perfect and cute not to use...

Over the past few days of my Christmas marathon, Craig and I had a few interesting conversations that has my lil heart all pitter pattering for the next few months. We just hit our 2 and a half year mark and this is honestly the healthiest and most successful relationship I’ve ever had. I can’t wait for the days where we see each other, we make each other laugh, he tells me he loves me every day, & we are truthfully best friends. Our lil relationship is everything I could ever want and didn’t know I wanted or needed. We’ve been mulling over those next steps for quite some time now but our two feet have been stuck on the ground. After this weekend, I think everything is finally going to start coming together…

“You know the next five years are going to fly by…”

“Oh, we can use that in the Condo…”

“Starting next year we should get the lil kids gifts…I think it’s time.”

“I think I’m going to leave my littler gifts here so I don’t have to re-move them back over here.”

“Since when do you not eat Spinach Stromboli?? Please take a piece, I need you to have your strength!”

All Said by Craig..Sometimes I’m on his wavelength but other times I’m not. I have no idea what the spinach comment meant, but it does give me an idea. I love how “Your” Condo, turned into “The” Condo. 

 As I watched him play with his lil cousins I was overcome by a feeling that he would be a great father one day. He doesn’t think he would be, but seeing him gently pick up a little tea cup yorkie puppy like it was made of glass, rough-housing w/ his 6 year old cousin, & offering to put together a lil toy castle for a friend's daughter I came to conclusion he is the One. I’ve subconsciously known it for a long time but this Christmas has cemented it for me and I can’t help but smile when I write this post. 

We are planning to FINALLY move in together in the next week or two…and hearing him make “future” plans 5 years in advance without skipping a beat to take in an anxious breath just took a whole load of stress off my plate. I always feel secure in my relationship but I’m a woman, I will ALWAYS freak out over every little detail until my face is blue. But he was pretty blunt in his lil comments and I’m just beaming with joy.

I’ve had a gut feeling that 2013 is going to be a weird year but now part of that has gone away, because I can’t wait to see what it will bring!!  

*Crossing my Fingers* 

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the next phase of your life, it's a big one!

    Ali of:

    www.aliandang.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping 2013 is very good to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on him being so open to talking about a future without hesitation. Very few guys are like that. You got a gem there!! :)

    I hope 2013 holds the best for you. If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! (Thank you so very much if you've already linked up, I truly appreciate it!!) I'm following you BTW :)

    Come and link up, enter the giveaway (if you haven't yet) and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are the kind of things a girl wants and needs to hear from the guy she loves (yay!!!).
    Smiling a huge smile for you, Chloe!!! :D Also wishing you a perfect 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on moving in together! Here's to happy times!! Wishing you the best in 2013~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww.. I hope you have a wonderful 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww how sweet! Congratulations! I love seeing people so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bf and I moved in together 2 years ago. Sometimes things just feel right and you have to go with it. It's scary (I get nervous about little things too). Hoping 2013 is wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you that you have that feeling :) Moving in together will be a great step too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats so sweet, I hope you have a great year together.

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...