Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pets - #BEDM

Cuteness Overload - {Pin}

I remember getting my junior year high school creative writing paper back and literally saying WTF quietly in my head. There was a D written in bold Red "Error" marker and a little note under it. "Please re-read the assignment's question and come see me after class." I'm going to try not to gloat but I had never gotten a D before in my life, especially in writing. In high school I was very proud and confident about my hard-earned grades. A big "D" made me eyes see only red. 

The assignment, I remember so vividly because I was so mad, was "Write about your favorite experience with your pet." I perfectly understood the assignment, but the thing was that at 16 I had never had a pet before. Somehow I just missed it. My aunt had a cat so I would play with hers, my friends all had doggies so I would play with them, and I didn't really give it a second thought. I wound up writing about my mother's experience with her cat because I couldn't draw on a personal experience of my own pet. 

After class I went to my teacher and she seemed very confused of my story choice. "Chloe, is everything alright? This is not like you to not answer the assignment question etc.." I told her I never had a pet and she was shocked. She couldn't believe it. Well being that I was 16 years old at the time I told her to speak to my mother and ask her if I had ever had a pet. 

Long story short...my paper got upgraded to a B after the incident. I was 16 and had never had a pet and I don't think it was a crime at all. 

Truthfully, I didn't get a pet until 3 months ago...

Craig and Angel

She has such crystal blue eyes. 

I don't regret not having a pet all these years, but I never thought I could feel such love from a lil adorable animal. When I wake up and she is all curled next to me, my heart melts. When I see her put her paw on Craig in the middle of the night or lick his hair like he's one of her kittens it's so unbelievably cute that I seriously have to hold in the gigantic Aww! 


A lil video of Angel baby...that's are lil pet name for her. =)

I leave her every morning like this...She's my adorable lil kitty in the window!

As you can tell I'm a cat person...

Do You Have Pets? 
I'd love to hear about them!! =)

Linking up with Rosalilium for #BEDM

Follow on Bloglovin

READERS: Oh and please forgive my lack of commenting this week & last. My job blocked blogger & bloglovin so I'm scrambling on a way to read my favorite blogs at lunch time and have barely had a free moment to post. I'll be back to normal by next week! Love you all so much! 

11 comments:

  1. She's so cute! Congrats! I grew up with a LOT of pets all the time so I feel weird if I don't have a pet around... even if it's just a rat. The biggest reason (for me) is that I feel like if you can take care of a dog/cat that you should rescue one (or two) because so many get put down :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Angel baby is gorgeous! Love her little meow in the video. I have a lovely kitty called Smudge (his secret name is chicken-pie). He sits and looks out the window like that too! When the blinds are down he tries to climb right through them hehe.

    Enjoy your kitty!

    X
    Molly
    thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, your cat is so beautiful! i'm a pet junky, i think i've always had them growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel is BEAUTIFUL!! Yes I have a pet...a pet cat named Ruby :) I post Twitter pictures of her all the time if you're on my Twitter. She has my heart lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...what a sweet post! She is so adorable!!! We have two dogs and I love them so much. Kisses, darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may have taken quite awhile for you to get a pet, but your (and Craig's) kitty takes the cake in cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post is too cute...i have two cats and love them to death!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angel is adorable!! I can't believe a teacher would just assume everyone has had a pet before. That is sort of nuts. I am a dog person - mainly because I am highly allergic to cats, and only semi allergic to dogs. My miniature doxie sweetpea is pretty much my child, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is so so adorable! i grew up in a family that loved dogs and always had dogs! and my husband loved dogs but only him and his brother (rest of the fam weren't fans). we have a furry one right now who lives with us and basically claims the bed, futon and actually entire apartment as his!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sooooo cute!! I hav a chihuahua. he's kinda fat :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a cat named Angel, too. Yours is a beauty and so sweet! I love that little purr of hers. She obviously loves you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...