Starting Weight on 11/5/12: 175 lbs
Last Weeks Weight on 12/7/12: 178 lbs
Current Weight: Pending…
Alright, the New Year is coming up and the resolutions are forming. For the past 10 years I have said, “Lose those last 20 pounds” and guiltily this year I’m going to have to up that to, “Lose those last 30 pounds.” There is only one person to blame and that is myself. I know what I’ve done and what I probably will continue to do some days. But, I’ve recognized another problem I have with weight loss and that is starting January 1st. It’s almost as if it’s doomed to fail if I start when everyone else is starting. I almost feel like I’m not doing it for myself, but because I HAVE to start whenever else is starting. Not this year, not 2013.
When I start things cold turkey it fails. This year I’ve started a little bit earlier and started when I wanted to start. I saw this little 8 LB Kettle bell on the bottom shelf of Home Goods clearance for $12.99 and picked it up ready to begin. This was a week ago today and I’m already feeling different. I’ve mentioned the saying before that, “It takes 4 weeks for you to see a change, 8 weeks for others.” I’m going to debate that lil fact.
After 1 week:
1. It was a birthday party at work on Friday and while eating I suddenly had to stop because I actually felt “Full”. This is a foreign concept to me and causes me to overeat. I actually had breakfast that day, but I didn’t finish all the food on my plate and I was content NOT to finish all the food…
2. My pajama pants & underwear are looser.
3. The cinch of my waist looks well more cinched. It’s making my hips look bigger, but it could just be an illusion.
4. I feel less tired & for the past 3 days have not had the 3pm Crash where I’m searching for something sweet.
5. I have a desire to actually drink Green Tea…That could just be stress & I don’t know if I will keep up with it.
6. I’ve given up soda & am trying to drink only water.
Dieting is a struggle for the world, but taking those first steps in the right direction is the hardest part. I’ve resisted the cookies, candies, and chocolate covered apples so far this week and it’s only Monday, AHHH!!! But honestly it hasn’t been that hard. I ate some of an Edible Arrangement w/ Pineapple, Pears, and regular apples and it was more than sweet enough to satisfy. I’ve been trying to work-out a bit right when I wake up. What’s great is that the weight loss infomercials are on so it gets me going…
It’s a process, but I’m not waiting any longer. If I feel this good or better after the next week, I’d feel amazing! =)