Monday, November 5, 2012

Twelve Weeks: A Diet Post



“It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends, and 12 weeks for the world. Give it 12 weeks. Don’t Quit.” – Unknown

 Starting Weight on 11/5/12: 175 lbs
Goal: 150 lbs

How does someone start a diet? Actually here’s a better question, how does someone keep motivated to remain on a diet? Hmmm…that is my true problem. I’m 5’ 5” and I weigh 175 pounds…there I admitted it. I’m also a pear shaped curvy woman with big hips and a 38C bra size. I have struggled to maintain a healthy weight my whole life and never quite kept up with my goals. A few consecutive days here or there, but I ALWAYS fell off the wagon. It’s time however to step up to the plate…literally.

First things First, Identify the problems.

Problems: I’m addicted to Chiptotle burritos and have a killer sweet tooth. I eat when I’m tired &/or emotional. Before my cupcake class I make my buttercream icing and always lick at least one of the beaters. I love strawberry ice cream. I’m addicted to carbs. I go to the gym sporadically but there is no commitment.   Deep down I subconsciously think that going to the gym once a week is “should” be enough. Salads make me hungrier so I wind up eating way more than I should. I have problems feeling full. Um…yeesh I think that’s enough to start with.

Plans of Action:
1.       Going to the gym at least 3 times a Week. I’m going to try to go right after work.
2.       Healthier Food Swaps
3.       Earlier Bedtime
4.       Actually eating a Breakfast, Lunch (w/ more protein), & Dinner so I’m not famished.
5.       Being aware of Serving Sizes* (Wow…even if it’s a small package it could be more than one serving)

I think that’s a good place to start! I weighed myself this morning at my boyfriend Craig’s house but I need to buy a scale so I can better track my process. I actually have to thank Craig for the motivation yesterday to jump start this plan. He recently has been committed to quitting smoking cigarettes after 15 years of it. He has been using the E-cigarettes to attempt to wean himself off of the real cigarettes. Well from a pack a day, he’s down to only 2-3 a day. I asked him why he chose to quit and he responded, “I have too many great things to live for.” It was the just the push I needed hearing his sincere words. =)

Today I got my gym bag packed, I resisted the scandalous aroma of Pizza Day in my job’s lunch room, and I’m even drinking green tea. This is going to be good…I can feel it! Can’t wait to see the changes …

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea about the 4 weeks thing...interesting. p.s. i'm addicted to qdoba, so i feel you on the chipotle thing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello Everyone! Thanks for taking a second to comment! You can also follow me on Bloglovin! Ergo - Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...